Saturday 21 March 2015

It's been four weeks! Time flies when there's a newborn in the house!

So, Harriet Amelia Mae arrived via scheduled c-section (at 39 weeks gestation), on February 20th 2015, at 10.12am weighing in at a super dinky, 6lb 14oz.



We are now four weeks into our new life as a five-some and I have to say, so far so good!

As some of you will remember, I was terrified at the prospect of a c-section, so, I went all Aspie-on-its-arse!

I researched the subject until I was satisfied (read; exhausted/blue in the face) that I had enough tools at my disposal to facilitate a speedy and effective recovery. I simply could not bear the thought of being out of action with my lot for up to six weeks (with no driving) with a new baby in the house too! No way Jose!

So, in case it is useful to anyone, here is what I learned about surgery, c-sections and effective recovery broken down into the various categories. I will try my best not to forget anything because I think I have made an almost miraculous recovery!

Homeopathy
  • Arnica
  • Aconite
  • Bellis Perennis
  • Staphisagria

Essential Oils
  • Lavender
  • Geranium
  • Tea Tree Oil

Herbs
  • Fenugreek
  • Alfalfa

Supplements
  • Papaya Enzyme Extract, 
  • Serrapeptase
  • L-Glutamine
  • ProBiotics 
  • Chlorella
Vitamins
  • Vitamin C
  • Iron
  • Multivitamin
Meditation

Positive Affirmations

Medical Equipment
  • Theraline C-Section Recovery Belt
  • Girdle
Food/Nutrition

  • Fibre rich
  • High protein
  • Whole grain
  • Fresh
  • Organic

Extras!
  • Miso instant cup-a-soup
  • Nuts, seeds, dried fruit
  • Granola Bars
  • Green & Black's chocolate
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Bach Peppermint Rescue Remedy Gum
  • Senekot
  • Ibuprofen
  • Paracetamol
  • Something to relieve wind but I can't remember what it was called!
  • Placenta Capsules 
I hope that is useful to someone! And as always, please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Here is a picture of my beautiful baby girl at four weeks old. Please excuse her blue mouth...I have been treating her oral thrush with gentian violet 1% and it turns everything bluish/purple!


Thanks for reading, as always,

N x


No comments:

Post a Comment